15 June, 2009

A crazy weekend, but some good things have come too. My son fractured his wrist in a fall playing Basketball. We spent all of Sunday experiencing a world without sports. New challenges for how to spend time with a teenage Boy, and an active man. We found a way, and there are new connections and dreams afoot.
I am blessed to show him how to be a Man. To teach him that there are ways to live with the anger that his mother bears down. I will NOT give up the fight for his growth. I do not need to seek his Love, only to be the model of a Man, that he can see as someone to measure against. In time he will tell me the degree of our success. In the Man he becomes, when we share quiet times. Peacefully knowing our strength - we are Men.

Grateful I am to share of myself, and be heard by many or few. The river of this life has accelerated into a tumultuous, but energizing rush of rapids. I get wet, and delight in rushing down stream to a riverbank where peace and beauty lay waiting for my arrival.
For now, I navigate through the rocks cutting the water, and mapping my way. I can sense a clearing ahead, but must focus; on the ever present challenge of Now.
_
Patrick
15 June, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Truth, Beautiful and invigorating! The essence of a man you will pass on to your son exactly as you plan. In your example... it speaks louder and more consistently than any words ever will. He is tuning in. He is blessed with your presence in his life... to have a warm, sensitive, strong, loving and caring Dad such as you. All good things to come for both of you... one stolen and shared moment at a time. I am so happy for your both.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete